Spring is around the corner, and most of you might already start setting up a barbecue in your backyard. Unfortunately, for rest of us, the convenience of backyard BBQ is not a smooth ride. Living in the apartment, traveling for work makes little tough to set the barbecue on weekend or holidays. Therefore, BBQ restaurants are heaven points to get some delicious barbecue menu whenever you want and wherever you are in the country.
However, finding the nice BBQ joints nearby is never an easy task especially when you do not know where to look for them.
Whether you are new to the city and have a sudden craving for good Korean barbecue or searching for bbq joints near me, we have it all covered for you.
Surprising facts about Barbeque (BBQ)
- World’s largest barbecue took place in Mexico (Nuevo Leon). Here 45000 people participated and joined the event.
- As an initiative towards Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Jan Greeff from Georgia cooked world’s largest barbecue that lasts for 80 hours. It includes two hundred pieces of corn, thousand pieces of hot dogs.
- For years BBQ was a long-standing tradition at President’s House in the United States. Initially, Whitehouse BBQ was hosted by Lyndon B. Johnson.
- The name “barbecue” history is quite contradictory as there are many theories associated with it. However, the most famous theory indicates that West India discovers the term “barbacoa” meaning – slow cooking over hot coals.
- There are two cities Kansas City and Memphis city in the US that claims to be the BBQ capital of the world.
- The name baby-back ribs is given to them because they are smaller in size of spare ribs
- In the year 2009, archeologist found the 4ft. Long ribs of the mammoth in a cooking pit dated back 29000 B.C.
- Every year on July 13th is celebrated as National Barbeque Day.
- There four different types of pork ribs namely; baby back (least fat), spare ribs (come from pig’s underbelly and most common), country-style (contains the highest meat to bone ratio) and St. Louis Style (in this breastbone is removed rest is similar to spare).
- If you think grilling and BBQ are just for summers – Well, you are wrong. In one of the survey, 60% Americans agreed that they barbecue all year around.
How to find the bbq restaurants near my location?
Well, if you are actively looking for bbq close to me. You should leverage the Zomato like an app and instantly locate the BBQ places no matter where you are.
Follow these steps and easily download the app to find the BBQ places near me.
For Iphone User
Step 1- Go to App Store and search for Zomato and click on the Get option and then tap the Install button.
Alternatively, you can Download From here
Step 2 – App will start downloading automatically
Step 3 – Once the installation is completed, open the Zomato app and enter the keyword “bbq near me.“
It will show you a list of all available BBQ restaurants in your proximity.
For Android users
Step 1 – Go to the play store and search for Zomato. Click on Install tab.
You can also Download From Here
Step 2 – Once the app is installed. Open it and start searching for BBQ restaurants.
Step 3 – It will show you the list of all available places serving barbecue in your area.
Note – You can apply filters and narrow down your options based on restaurant timing, radius (in miles), city, state, etc.
Top 5 bbq restaurants in America
Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que
If you are in Kansas and looking for some delicious BBQ menu, then there is no place like Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que that can satisfy your barbecue appetite. They are quite famous for burnt ends sandwich that takes long 15 hours to smoke the brisket.
- Address: 3002 West 47th Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66103, USA
- Rating – 4.7/5
- Phone number – +1 913-722-3366
- Hours of operation – 11AM–9PM
- Website – https://www.joeskc.com
Fat Matt’s Rib Shack, Atlanta
Every good thing takes time, and that is exactly what will happen when you visit Fat Matt’s Rib Shack which is not only known for delicious, moist BBQ menu. Also, it delivers nice live blues music that makes easy for guests to pass their time till their order arrives. Additionally, they are known for leaving their guest at sandwich heaven – which is a must have on their menu.
- Address: 1811 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
- Rating – 4.6/5
- Phone Number – +1 404-607-1622
- Hours of operation – 11:30AM–11:30PM
- Website – https://www.fatmattsribshack.net/
Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que
In 1920 Big Bob made its debut in the world of barbecue, and since then it is the best in the entire state of Alabama. Their secret ingredient is mayonnaise-based, tangy white sauce and it is chicken is cooked in the hickory-stocked BBQ pit.
- Address – 1715 6th Ave SE, Decatur, AL 35601, USA
- Rating – 4.3/5
- Phone number – +1 256-350-6969
- Hours of operation – 9:30AM–8PM
- Website – http://bigbobgibson.com
When you are in Austin, then it is hard to ignore the taste of Franklin BBQ. But getting the table at this place is not easy because of their signature dish (Aaron Franklin’s meat) people wait almost 3 hours in line. Brisket that comes with delicious candy fat adding a caramelized touch to it as well as crispy pepper and salt-rubbed bark. It will certainly leave you with mind-numbing deliciousness.
- Address – 900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
- Rating – 4.6/5
- Phone number -+1 512-653-1187
- Hours of Operation -11AM–3PM
- Website – https://franklinbarbecue.com
The Bar-B-Q Shop
Are you the fan of Pork Ribs? Well, The Bar-B-Q Shop is your place than to have some delicious barbecue menu. However, the real secret is the sauce. Here you can find two variants of sauce – hot or mild. A quick heads up, beware before ordering the “hot” sauce containing ribs as it will break a sweat for sure.
- Address – 1782 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
- Rating -4.4/5
- Phone Number -+1 901-272-1277
- Hours of Operation -11AM–9PM
- Website – http://www.dancingpigs.com
What ingredients are used in BBQ recipes?
When looking for barbecue restaurants near me options, you may also be wondering what secret ingredients are used in barbecue recipes, right. Let’s have a quick look at:
Sauce and Basting Ingredients
Brown Sugar: That is just another fundamental ingredient in my barbecue sauce recipes. This can be an excellent solution to bring a subtle sweetness to pulled pork dishes, chicken, ribs, or pork behind. Brown sugar mixes well with spicy or hot flavors to provide you with only a little sweetness in your spicy and hot sauce.
Whiskey or Bourbon: Using these help add balance to sauces and can bring excellent malt flavor. Try a bottle for basting BBQ meats, combined with half apple juice and half Jack Daniel’s.
Molasses: This can be used mainly for making sauces. The bold flavor and dark color provide the sauce its solid feel a dark color. Apple cider vinegar and molasses are two essential ingredients I use within my sauce recipes that are individual.
Apple cider vinegar: It is an excellent ingredient for mops and BBQ sauces. It’s also possible to utilize it to thin store and make a straightforward and quick mop or marinade. Also, this is an excellent option for dressing bbq.
Apple juice: This can be Great for basting any BBQ meat and particularly ideal for pork butt, ribs, and chicken. Apple cider and Apple juice could be found in lots of brine recipes, injections, bbq sauces, as well as in the water pan to maintain the meat moist.
Spices and Seasoning used in Barbeque recipes
Kosher salt: Personally, I do not care for a flavor that is extremely salty. This salt has a far more subtle flavor than regular salt and helps you to bring out the particular flavor of BBQ meats.
Garlic powder: Among the more important ingredients within my personal recipes of sauces and BBQ rubs. This brings balance to tropical flavors and adds a subtle sweetness as well as some heat.
Paprika: The main ingredient seen in chili recipes along with almost all BBQ rubs. This adds flavor, and an excellent color to any BBQ meat as well as the flavor that is subtle helps you to balance the other fixings.
Cumin: This can be one of the main ingredients for chili recipes and BBQ rubs. This fixing will bring a little smoky flavor which is particularly beneficial to a pork BBQ.
Onion powder: This can be among my individual tastes of fixings for my BBQ rubs. The onion flavor works well with any BBQ meat.
So next time when you search bbq restaurant near me make sure you find the best because now you know the recipe ingredients better than any other BBQ lover.
The Final Say
A lot of people take pleasure in the food served at a BBQ restaurant. The result frequently falls short, when they try to duplicate it at home. When cooking for a party of 40 people or even more, it’s quite another. Finding bbq restaurants near me that delivery and catering services because of its barbecued foods could be a lifesaver. The celebration menu will feature favorite home-cooked dishes, and no one will ever understand they are not prepared there.
Delivery may be a tremendous time-saver to get a bash host that is frazzled. While the room is being decorated by this individual, the catering staff setup and can deliver the things buffet-style in a designated place. This carries through twice the jobs in the same timeframe. And of course that the professional staff may arrange the food in a manner that is much more appealing than the usual beginner would.
Go ahead and use the information to find barbecue near me in just a few clicks.